Working with us
Working with the Department for Child Protection and Family Support can be both personally and professionally rewarding, whether you are working in a frontline child protection role, or in a support role. All of our staff contribute to achieving our common goals, which make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families in our communities.
Our diverse frontline teams consist of people who are passionate about their work, people who focus on developing good relationships with clients and the wider community. We are proud of our diverse workforce and actively seek applications from Aboriginal people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to join us.
Staff in our regional offices likes the laid back lifestyle that country living provides, and enjoy the close knit office environment and the challenges that comes with a smaller office. They have access to a range of financial incentives, including access to subsidised housing in most regional areas.
Working with the Department offers you career progression and variety – particularly in regional areas; access to comprehensive learning and development, and great employment conditions.
Some of these include:
- 4 weeks annual leave
- 2 days additional public sector holidays
- 15 days personal leave per annum
- Long service leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- 9.5% superannuation, full employer contribution
- Free access to a confidential employee assistance program for you and your family, which includes psychology and counselling services
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance
Depending on the location, employees living and working in regional locations may have access to:
- Additional five days leave
- District allowance
- Free annual air travel for you and your family
- Travel allowances
- Subsidised housing
- Subsidies and allowances, including air conditioning subsidies
- Annual contribution towards your gas, water and electricity